Are you prepared to stay and defend?
Being in a bushfire could be the most traumatic experience of your life. You may have to fight spot fires for hours, even days at a time.
To stay and defend you must:
- Be physically and emotionally strong
- Have the necessary protective clothing and firefighting equipment
- Carry out ongoing property preparation activities
- Know when to put your plan into action
- Have a backup plan to shelter if the fire overpowers your property and you cannot leave
Before completing your plan, take 5 minutes to answer some key questions to help determine if ‘Stay and defend’ is the right plan for you and your family.